Queen of Hearts is the biggest and most formal dance here at Broughton. This Dance takes place on the first Saturday in February! You can go with friends or with a date, and it is a lot of fun! Here are some fun facts and history:
- Started in 1941 as a fundraiser for the school newspaper; each vote cost one cent
- In 1950, it became the senior project that it is today
- The senior class selects the theme for the event, and seniors work for over two months on a skit and decorations that fit the theme.
- The Queen's Courts are made up of 4 freshmen, 6 sophomores, 8 juniors, and 10 seniors.
- The Queen of Hearts and her Maid of Honor are selected by the student body from the Senior Court.
- There are student performances at the assembly to entertain the Queen and her court; tryouts for performances are held after winter break